The Community team is very excited to bring you With Love from the 80s: A 5-week digital ‘event’ geared towards discovering new solutions, picking the right tech & taking your business to the next level.
We know there are numerous choices when it comes to outfitting your organization with the best tools to get the job done. To help you decide what might work best for you, we've developed a stellar line-up of content, events and discussions this month around this topic - tech for small businesses.
Technology keeps advancing year after year, so it can be hard to keep up with what tools will be the best fit. Not just within recent years, but advanced leaps and bounds over the last 4 decades have led to a completely transformed business scene. Today's tech for business looks VERY different than it did even just 30 or 40 years ago.
Step into the best tech today while taking a nostalgic step back in time. Celebrate the exponential growth and transformation we've seen in business, life and the world, and relish in your love for technology this February in the LenovoPRO Community.
With dozens of original, exclusive and timely content, multiple prizes, and more, we hope the next five weeks will leave you feeling more confident and excited than ever to grow your business through the right technology.
Pro tip: Book mark this post by selecting the bookmark icon next to your profile picture so you can easily find it and go back to it later!
Checkout the line-up of special guests and events to look forward to in the weeks to come!
- Webinar #1, Simple Science to Power your Business: ENDED
- Google Cloud Roadmap: Data Analytics Innovation on Tuesday, February 28th at 12PM EST, ENDED
- ThinkCentre Show + Tell with Kelly Darden: Thursday, February 9th at 10AM EST ENDED
- Notebook Show + Tell: Kaila Woodard - ENDED
- Skribbl.io Fun Member Meet-up: ENDED
Checkout the highlights for what's in store in the next few weeks or dive into what's already available!
- Tech Vendor Vs. In-House: Which One’s Right For Your Brand?
- From Computer to Computing: How Technology in Streets and Shops is Changing Lives
- How To Use Digital Transformation To Take Your Company To The Next Level
- You Don’t Need to be a Techie to be in Tech
- AR, VR, and the Metaverse: What are they and how can they help small business?
- Lessons from a Hybrid Marketing Model
- Unboxing Lenovo ThinkVision P27h-30 27" Professional Monitor
- From Traditional IT to Digital Industries: How Technology is Reshaping the Way We Work
- Adobe: Remote and hybrid work could help heal the planet
- Building a Security Culture: The Foundation of a Secure Organization
Along with all the resources from above, there are also discussion threads and specific conversations buzzing about all the ways you can connect and learn from (and with!) the community.
- How has technology changed the way we work in the last 40 years?
- 80s Throwback: Pictures + memories
- LenovoPRO Value Message Poll
- Generations & Tech Usage
- Best/worst movies from the 80s
- Digital Transformation: Project Overhaul tips & recs
- 1st Lenovo Laptop/First Computer Ever
- What do you wish from the 2020s was in the 80s?
- Toys from the 80s
- Cable management Tips + Recs
- Vote favorite Lenovo laptop series
- 80s Music
- Favorite Memes
- ThinkPad since 1992 Models
- Happy Valentine's Day
- Nostalgic foods, snacks and meals
Earn & Win
What would our 5 week-long digital event be like without prizes, cool stuff and freebies to win along the way?
$10.00 in MyLenovoRewards: Top 15 Most Engaged Members
Do you enjoying engaging in a little friendly competition? Then set your focus on earning a seat in the Top 15 Most Engaged Members to win $10 in MyLenovoRewards to spend in the LenovoPRO Store.
Prize: $10 in MyLenovoRewards to the top 15 most engaged members
How to enter: Just be you - like, rate, comment, reply, upvote, connect and more to make the cut!
Time Frame: February 1st - February 28th
- Aaron P.
- Daniel Y.
- Judith S.
- Ray G.
- Rodney S.
- Laura M.
- Jason J.
- Leslie K.
- David L.
- Drew G.
- Assia B.
- Steven S.
- Deon O.
- Jeffrey R.
- Jake K.
Thank you for your participation in With Love from the 80s! You are appreciated - enjoy your new rewards !
Giveaway: ThinkPad X1 Carbon
Complete as many tasks for entry to the giveaway for the best chances of winning. Good luck to you all!
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 10 (14” Intel) Laptop
- ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock
- Lenovo Go Wireless Split Keyboard
- How to enter: Participate in the Community throughout the month of February
- Ends: February 28th
Congratulations to the February Giveaway winners: Richard W., Judith S. & Peter H.!
Get the most out of the event weeks by connecting with others and exploring the community! We have groups, lots of intriguing discussions and many excelling small business owners and IT pros to connect with.
Join a Group!
There are many conversations and groups in the community you can post or chat in! Browse groups to find topic-specific discussions, otherwise, check out some trending conversations below as you explore the community:
- Meet the community and introduce yourself
- New to community Q&A
- What laptop model do you have?
- Calling all entrepreneurs
- What podcasts do you listen to?
- Is it worth getting an SSD laptop?
- WFH Comical moments
- What is your favorite productivity hack?
- LenovoPRO Benefits
Pro Tip: Make sure you join the group you want to post in or you won't be able to post.
Search the National Member Base
Only interested in connecting with small business owners in the retail space or IT professionals in your industry with a company size of 100 or less? Get specific with our filtered member search and connect with others. Plus, there’s a bonus; you get more points when you mingle! Please forgive the page load time - it will load!
Create a Marketplace Listing for your Business
Only interested in connecting with small business owners in the retail space or IT professionals in your industry with a company size of 100 or less? Get specific with our filtered member search and connect with others. Plus, there’s a bonus; you get more points when you mingle!
Are you new here? Welcome! Get started with some of the resources below and be sure to hang around for the rest of the month for more chances to enter the giveaway!
- Crash Course to Community - Check it out
- Benefits of the Community - Learn something new
- Say hello and introduce yourself to the community
Do you have any questions? Want to connect with the community team?
Ask away in the comments below or send Beth your community manager a message.