The Community team is very excited to bring you Leagues of Leadership: A 5-week digital ‘event’ geared towards resolving conflict, inspiring your crew & navigating the unpredictable waters of modern management.
We know that creating, running and growing your small business or leading your team takes some serious coordination and strength. To help you in your mission to grow and sustain your business, organization or team, we've compiled topics, resources and discussions to help you keep growing as a leader and tackling the tough challenges of today's management world.
With dozens of original, exclusive and timely content, multiple prizes, limited-time badges and more, we hope the next five weeks will leave you feeling more confident and excited than ever to grow your leadership qualities through marketing communications.
Caution: Cheesy emojis ahead
Pro tip: Book mark this post by selecting the bookmark icon next to your profile picture so you can easily find it and go back to it later!
Checkout the line-up of special guests and events to look forward to in the weeks to come!
- Webinar #1, November 11th: Behind the Lens: Finding Peace & Profit in Entrepreneurship with community member Mikel Carr - Ended, recording coming soon
- Webinar #2, November 17th: Thinking Behind the Engineering, Part II: ThinkPad Technical Innovation with Lenovo's Kevin Beck - Ended, recording coming soon
- Meet up #1, November 8th: Virtual Members Meet-up: Play skribbl.io - Ended
- Meet-up #2, November 15th: - Focused on leadership round-table talk. Ended
Checkout the highlights for what's in store in the next few weeks or dive into what's already available!
- How to be a compassionate leader who's still the boss
- 4 steps to foster a growth mindset and improve your team’s ‘I can’ attitude
- Ten crucial aspects of effective people management
- Community Picks: Best Leadership Book
- 8 Tips on Effectively Managing Employee Conflict
- How to Become a Thought Leader in Your Industry
- The Proper Way to Compassionately Let Someone Go
- Community Picks: Top Leadership Qualities & Advice
- Five types of difficult customers and ways to create positive outcomes
- Staff Picks: Most Admirable Leader
- & more!
Along with all the resources from above, there are also discussion threads and specific conversations buzzing about all the ways you can connect and learn from (and with!) the community.
- All-time favorite leader
- What are your greatest strengths?
- If you were on the Titanic...
- #1 Leadership Book Pick
- Leadership and innovation at Lenovo
- Who is your favorite character in Pirates of the Caribbean?
- Best leadership advice (or qualities)
- Managing conflict – tips and recommendations
- Sea lessons, phrases & puns
- Greatest leadership challenges
- Motivating & celebrating employees and colleagues
- Leadership style
- Favorite seafood
- & more!
Earn & Win
What would our 5 week-long digital event be like without prizes, cool stuff and freebies to win along the way?
$10.00 in MyLenovoRewards: Top 20 Most Engaged Members
Do you enjoying engaging in a little friendly competition? Then set your focus on earning a seat in the Top 20 Most Engaged Members to win $10 in MyLenovoRewards to spend in the LenovoPRO Store.
- Prize: $10 in MyLenovoRewards to the top 20 most engaged members
- How to enter: Just be you - like, rate, comment, reply, upvote, connect and more to make the cut!
- Time Frame: November 1st - November 30th
Congrats to the earners! Enjoy your latest MyLenovoRewards!
- Aaron P.
- Judith S.
- Daniel Y.
- Jason J.
- Steven S.
- Rodney S.
- Leslie K.
- Mikel C.
- Laura M.
- Luke L.
- Assia B.
- Jerold W.
- Rusty Nuts
- Anna B.
- Weston J.
- Walter B.
- A. Nichole
- Brian L.
- Marcus B.
November Giveaway: Random
Complete as many tasks for entry to the giveaway for the best chances of winning. Good luck to you all!
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 10 (14” Intel) Laptop
- Lenovo G27c-10 FHD WLED Curved Gaming Monitor
- How to enter: Participate in the Community throughout the month of November
- Ends: November 30th
Earn Event Token Badges
Earn the Leagues of Leadership badge just by participating in the event! Exclusive to those who login and engage in the event. Limited time only!
Earn the Leading the Way Badge! Start earning
Are you a natural leader?! Start 5 original forum threads to earn this exclusive badge!
Get the most out of the event weeks by connecting with others and exploring the community! We have groups, lots of intriguing discussions and many excelling small business owners and IT pros to connect with.
Join a Group!
There are many conversations and groups in the community you can post or chat in! Browse groups to find topic-specific discussions, otherwise, check out some trending conversations below as you explore the community:
- Meet the community and introduce yourself
- New to community Q&A
- What laptop model do you have?
- Calling all entrepreneurs
- What podcasts do you listen to?
- Is it worth getting an SSD laptop?
- WFH Comical moments
- What is your favorite productivity hack?
- LenovoPRO Benefits
Pro Tip: Make sure you join the group you want to post in or you won't be able to post.
Search the National Member Base
Only interested in connecting with small business owners in the retail space or IT professionals in your industry with a company size of 100 or less? Get specific with our filtered member search and connect with others. Plus, there’s a bonus; you get more points when you mingle! Please forgive the page load time - it will load!
Create a Marketplace Listing for your Business
Only interested in connecting with small business owners in the retail space or IT professionals in your industry with a company size of 100 or less? Get specific with our filtered member search and connect with others. Plus, there’s a bonus; you get more points when you mingle!
Are you new here? Welcome! Get started with some of the resources below and be sure to hang around for the rest of the month for more chances to enter the giveaway!
- Crash Course to Community - Check it out
- Benefits of the Community - Learn something new
- Say hello and introduce yourself to the community
Do you have any questions? Want to connect with the community team?
Ask away in the comments below or send Beth your community manager a message.