When is it time to move on, quit, close or end?

Not all businesses, jobs, social activities, traditions, connections or projects are meant to last forever. 

From your professional, business and social life experience, when have you known it was time for something to end?

• Do you have examples or recommendations for others as they navigate timing in their lives?

• Or suggestions on how to more positively or beneficially relate to endings?

Please exchange your thoughts with fellow members below!

• That moment when you begin to feel you're being tolerated not appreciated..

That moment when you lose passion for what you're doing...

That moment when you appear but not seen...

When you're outdoor with no umbrella, and you see the clouds gather....move on Laughing

• In order to fully grasp the importance of timing, it's necessary to understand its significance in our lives. The decisions we make at a particular time can significantly impact the direction our lives take. Whether it's choosing the right career path, starting a family, or pursuing our passions, timing plays a critical role in shaping our future.

Furthermore, timing also affects our relationships and interactions with others. A missed opportunity or poorly timed action can have far-reaching consequences on our personal and professional connections. This is why learning how to manage time effectively is crucial for achieving success and living a fulfilling life.

I always walked away when I felt I did not add to a team. The timing was never better.

• Some advice once given to me was to find the people that make you sparkle. When I feel that is no longer possible in my current situation, it's usually time to move on...

• When something is becoming emotionally taxing , that’s when I know it is time to end.

• endings are new beginnings.. as long as you have don all you can from your side and feel good about what you have done, then it is not an ending but a new beginning on a new adventure

• You need to see the writing on the wall before you slam into the wall headfirst. The best time to close a business is when it is profitable but you can see that headwinds are on the horizon. I knew many people who opened a business in the malls where I was operating and they burned through their savings trying to salvage an idea that was not workable. It is OK to fail. It is OK to recognize that something is failing and abandoning the ship rather than putting yourself in further financial hardship. If you had the drive and determination to start one business, then you will be able to do it again. I closed my retail shop while it was still making good money, but i closed because the retail landscape was shifting online and I did not want to be the last rat off of the sinking ship. There are a lot of opportunities out there, and eventually you will find the one that works with your skill set.

• I don't believe in giving up on something simply because it's hard - but be true to yourself and know that if it's costing you more joy than you are receiving from it, it may not be worth maintaining. Seek out opportunities and people who lift you up and not bring you down. Be aware of your mental health just as you would your physical health and always prioritize yourself so that you can be there for others -  this is why they tell you to put on your oxygen mask first during the airplane safety announcements. Every event in your life - no matter how desperate it may make you feel or how devastating it seems, it will eventually help you grow or provide you an opportunity to create a new perspective and develop skills and coping mechanisms you didn't know you even needed. 

• When I or an employer don't have confidence in each other, it's time to move on. No need to waste time on a relationship no longer based on respect.

• I typically don't walk away from things. Even in my career, I'm far more likely to try to iterate and optimize than to quit or walk away from something. 

• Only certain tasks I believe are "completed" or "finished".  I believe many things are evolutionary & can be altered or updated to be improved, or can be the basis of something different.  It's limited only by our imagination!