Email subscriptions

With limited time today and countless outlets to spend our precious time, attention and energy, what emails do you ACTUALLY find worth subscribing to?

• What substantial, helpful or newsworthy emails/institutions do you subscribe to?
  • Do you have a daily routine in viewing emails you are subscribed to?
  • What valuable email newsletters do you receive and why do you find value in them?
  • If you were to recommend one institution from whom you enjoy receiving email communication from, who is it and why would you recommend it?

Exchange your experience and tips below to keep finding your perfect blend of information consumption! 

• I really enjoy a few email communications in areas I am passionate about or interested in. However, I find that unless I am in a good solid routine, I do not get to read them and they pile up, causing more stress than inspiration. But I am working on it!

But a few of them personally are:

• National Geographic (the travel pieces) - I love reading about new places, historical callouts, interesting animals and the like
    • Hiking for Her monthly newsletter - She always has wonderful insights to share, all hiking related!
    • Local monthly updates from my local land conservation trust - I love hearing about all the incredible and FREE programs, events, updates and activities they have to share in my area
    • I have a few French, reading, homemaking and other categories I subscribe to but haven't made as much time to keep up with them currently. 

I am excited to hear what others have to share. I am interested in a good, 'neutral' news recap newsletter and food-based one. 

Also excited to hear about more tech-related outlets! 

• I definitely agree, with limited time, it is important to be selective about the emails we subscribe to. Here are some of the newsletters that I find to be substantial, helpful, and newsworthy:

The Morning Brew: A daily newsletter that provides a concise and informative overview of the top news stories from the business world. It's a great way to stay up to date on the latest trends and developments in the tech industry.
    Fast Company Daily Brief: This newsletter provides the latest news and trends in business, technology, and design.
    The Morning: This daily newsletter from The Skimm provides a concise overview of the top news stories from the day, along with some interesting facts and trivia.
    The Knowledge Project: This newsletter from The Knowledge Project provides summaries of the latest research and insights from the world of science, technology, and business.
    The Daily Upside is a newsletter that focuses on positive news stories. It's a great way to start your day with a dose of optimism.

I usually read my newsletters in the morning, after I've had my shower and coffee; just sitting down at the computer and getting settled into my workaday. I like to read them in a relaxed setting so that I can really absorb the content. I also like to flag any articles that I want to read in more detail later. I like to start my day with a positive and informative dose of news, and these newsletters always deliver.

I also subscribe to a few newsletters that are more specific to my interests, such as:

The AI Today: This newsletter from Google AI provides updates on the latest advances in artificial intelligence.
    The Python Weekly: This newsletter from Real Python summarizes the latest news and articles about the Python programming language.
    The UX Collective: This newsletter from the UX Collective curates articles about user experience design.
    Code Words is a weekly newsletter that covers the latest news and trends in the world of programming. It's a great resource for programmers of all levels, and it's also a good way to learn about new technologies and frameworks.
    These newsletters help me stay up to date on the latest trends in my field and learn new things.

I would recommend subscribing to newsletters that are relevant to your interests and that you find to be informative and engaging. It's also important to unsubscribe from any newsletters that you don't find valuable. While there's no "one size fits all" approach for everyone, I would start with newsletters such as "The Skimm" as it is a great option for beginners. It provides a daily summary of the news, politics, and pop culture in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Another recommendation would be "Morning Brew" which is a popular newsletter that covers business and tech news in a concise and engaging way. It's a great way to stay up to date on the latest trends and learn about new companies.