Trying to Configure Hybrid Flash Storage DM3000H but it appears Unconfigurable?

Trying to Configure Hybrid Flash Storage DM3000H - but there isn't anything to configure. Actually was hoping to find NVMe SSD based SAN/NAS with either 12Gbs SSD's or U.2 Flash SSD's.

Trying to Configure Hybrid Flash Storage DM3000H - but the configuration URL Link below:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/lenovopro/en/p/servers-storage/storage/unified-storage/dm-series-hybrid-flash/thinksystem-dm3000h-hybrid-flash-array/len22ts0004

doesn't provide and configuration options. Does anyone know if Lenovo actally produces real "NVMe SSD based SAN/NAS with either 12Gbs SAS interface SSD's or U.2 Flash NVMe Gen 4 SSD's? It says something about "Supported Hard Disk : 3.5in NLSAS" this doesn't sound anything like real U.2/U.3 P5800 Level Flash SSD at all. I don't even think Lenovo's all Flash SAN/NAS is the real thing. To me if it doesn't support NVMe Gen 4 SSD's through a hot swap U.2/U.3 format it's BS Flash.

I'm hoping Lenovo's lastest annoucement is in keeping with reality. Even my current Basic Dell Precision 3660T workstation is running 12th Gen 5 enable Processor and comes standard with a PCIe Gen 5 full length full height x16 expansion slot.

If Lenovo's still in Gen 3 land they're not the right match for real enterprise business. Like AI Deep Learning Research Labs/Data Centers.

Same goes of their Lenovo Windows 2019/2022 Server systems. Where's the Gen 5 units? It should be supporting CXL for sure.

Top Replies

• Hi   I'm so sorry I missed this! I do not know at this moment if we produce "real "NVMe SSD based SAN/NAS with either 12Gbs SAS interface SSD's or U.2 Flash NVMe Gen 4 SSD's." If it's not too late, I am happy to look into this for you and report back with what I find. 

• Hello Douglas, I just configured a ThinkSystem server with U.3 NVMe Gen 4 SSD. Lenovo has some models that support PCIe Gen 5, take a look at the SR630 V3, SR645 V3, SR650 V3, SR665 V3, and SR675 V3