MS Endpoint Manager and AutoPilot

Has anyone setup Endpoint with AutoPilot for their laptop deployments?

Parents
  • We have this setup and it has reduced our onboarding time down a good hour, if not more, on new hire machines. That's not to mention the time we save on any machine that needs to be refreshed that is at an end user's location. With employees all over the world, Autopilot has allowed us to drop ship laptops to anywhere without having to touch each machine individually. It does take some knowledge and trial and error to get it setup right so that the process is smooth but there are several Youtube videos that will walk you through step-by-step. I don't recall having to have any sort of public address for the systems to connect to as I believe that is all handled through Microsoft's servers as long as you have Entra AD and yes, the correct licensing. There are multiple different ways to get Intune and Autopilot though so be sure to do your homework there. One company I worked for we had E3 licenses and added on the Enterprise Mobility & Security package for something like $7.00/month and it gave us everything we needed. The company that I'm at now we use mostly Business Premium and add on the Entra Plan 2 and are covered. The one complaint I do have with Lenovo is that they do not offer a place to choose to add auto-pilot option and enter your Tenant ID directly in the order process. At least not from any order I have submitted and not that our sales rep is aware of. I always have to wait until the order is shipped and email our sales rep and she has to manually add it on and charges a small fdee. If someone has actually done this and has a different experience, please let me know because its a huge pain point for me currently. If you don't want to go the fully automated way you can still enroll any machine in autopilot but it is a process and needs to be done from OOBE. Just google "enroll autopilot powershell online oobe". Hope this helps!

• Great to know Josh. It's on my list of things to investigate. Unfortunately, my list is long and it's on the lower priority, but this helps a lot. 

• Great to know Josh. It's on my list of things to investigate. Unfortunately, my list is long and it's on the lower priority, but this helps a lot. 

Children
No Data