MS Endpoint Manager and AutoPilot

Has anyone setup Endpoint with AutoPilot for their laptop deployments?

Parents
  • I have EndPoint and Autopilot setup on my back end, but was using it with Dell systems, and now we user Lenovo. 
    When you it is configured in your tenant, each user needs an Azure Active Directory P2. license and Business 365 Premium /e3 or E5

You also have a Internet facing URL for device setup and this is what windows users for setup. 

When you order the laptop with Pro or Ent you can specify the Microsoft tenant and secure ID.

This registers the device with your tenant and then uses the URL to configure the device. 

Users open the laptop and then enter the network, or connect to WiFi, then select the keyboard and enter their work email address. The rest is defined by which groups they are members of and what programs you have pushed to those groups.

This works well for pushing out apps, but you need to keep them up to date. 

• To set up a computer that was not first registered with Lenovo, you can run through normal setup there are several options.

I go to Accounts > Work or School and click on Connect. 

I then Domain Join, and use the users login information. 

Once we have the PC domain joined, or logged in with the user information. 

I add the new Desktop to the correct group and then wait it syncs with Entra and starts to push out the applications. 

When I domain join, I am able to use MDM features like remote wipe, reset and lock. 

I also pair the devices with Absolute / Smartlock, this helps me know where the devices are at all times. 

• To set up a computer that was not first registered with Lenovo, you can run through normal setup there are several options.

I go to Accounts > Work or School and click on Connect. 

I then Domain Join, and use the users login information. 

Once we have the PC domain joined, or logged in with the user information. 

I add the new Desktop to the correct group and then wait it syncs with Entra and starts to push out the applications. 

When I domain join, I am able to use MDM features like remote wipe, reset and lock. 

I also pair the devices with Absolute / Smartlock, this helps me know where the devices are at all times. 

Children
No Data