Deals and savings

1. Where can I find the deals and best price to purchase workstation bundle? What do you think is better for a small business?   
    A. Laptop and a extra screen?   
    B. Tower with 2 monitors?   
    c. All-in-One and a extra monitor or with a laptop or tower? 

Please let me know pros and come that you have experienced?
    Thank you in advance.   Dana 
  • It depends. What is "needed" to function and do one's job? I would almost never recommend an All-in-One for a daily use PC. One thing breaks, you lose it all. Great for kiosks and family general computers. Do you need portability? Yes, then go with a laptop. If no, then no. Will you always have internet connection, maybe consider Windows 365. You can get a very inexpensive PC and have everything in the cloud. If you really need local performance, a desktop is going to be best for cost/performance ratio. Easy question to answer if one has all the details, but not so much without. Good luck on your choice!

• I personally would not buy a tower.  I use a laptop with an external monitor.  That way, if/when I loose my internet connection, I unplug my laptop and head to the local coffee shop to continue working.  But, I live in the country where a direct internet connection is not available.  My ISP offers highspeed wifi connectivity so that I can access the internet.  However, I loose my connection quite a bit.  A laptop offers the flexibility I need.  I prefer a Chromebook.

• Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. It’s these small detail that can be critical at time. Things I would have not have thought about until the moment it happens. Then I’m in a bind . Thanks again.

So as far as laptop you would say chromebook? 
    Looking for plenty speed to process multiple programs/apps at the same time with no lag. Also plenty of storage for files. Also in a laptop I’m looking for touch screen and high graphics.  

So external storage? ‘If so recommendations?Microsoft 365? 

• Thank you very good information to keep in mind. Well All-in-one out for this one. Didn’t think about loosing it all. Thank you it’s the little things that I don’t think about until it is too late. So I appreciate your information. 
    So as far as laptop you would say chromebook? Or what do you recommend.
    Looking for plenty speed to process multiple programs/apps at the same time with no lag. Also plenty of storage for files. Also in a laptop I’m looking for touch screen and high graphics.

So external storage? ‘If so recommendations?Microsoft 365

• All in one. Wish I could get one I had my computer and laptop stolen I'm running my business from just my phone and it's killing me in so many ways it's not funny 

• When you state workstation, are you looking at workstation-type tasks? (i.e. 3D design, video editing, audio editing, etc..) Or are you referring to the workstation as a general term for computer?

Depending on what you plan on using this with, it can steer you to any one of the options. Do you need it to be portable to take out of the office? If so, go for a laptop.

Lenovo has a line of desktops in the Tiny line. The Tiny line can be plugged into the back of the Tiny-In-One monitors to make them an All-In-One desktop. You can get them configured to handle multiple monitors.

• 0 Offline in reply to

Can you run everything that you need on an Android phone?  Will you be connected to the internet 100% of the time.  If you can't answer yes to both of these question then I would not recommend a Chromebook.  I have used them very little but the appear to me to be glorified Android phones.  You will have very little processing power or local storage.  They are designed for everything to be run "in the cloud".  I have never heard of a Chromebook being used for high end graphics.  You will need something with a dedicated graphics card.  That means either a tower or a larger laptop.  I only recommend a laptop if you need portability.  You can get more power for less money with more upgrade options with a tower.  If you do look at a laptop you are going to be looking at something with a 15.6 screen or larger so you can get a dedicated video card for the higher end graphics.   

• Laptop plus a second monitor is a more flexible configuration. But if your small business is a professional video editing, tower only your choice.

• I agree with Cary, my least interest would be for an all-in-one. If you travel or go offsite the laptop provides versatility, and the tower provides value, power and easy upgrades.