Free monthly digital asset downloads from Envato Market

I thought some of you in the community that design your own websites, social media posts, or other creative content might be interested in the free monthly digital asset downloads from the series of Envato Market websites.

There are up to 7 freebies per month, one from each of their markets. The only catch is that support and updates are not provided for free files and you can only use the asset, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. They do offer an extended license though, where end users can be charged, if that's something you might need.

Their 7 markets are:

• ThemeForest
    • WordPress Themes & Website Templates
  • CodeCanyon
    • Code, Scripts & Plugins
  • VideoHive
    • Stock Footage, Video Effects & Video Templates
  • AudioJungle
    • Royalty Free Music & Audio
  • GraphicRiver
    • Fonts, Logos & Icons
  • PhotoDune
    • Royalty Free Stock Photos & Images
  • 3DOcean
    • 3D Print Files and CG Textures

To claim each item, just scroll down towards the bottom of the main page to the monthly free items section and then click on each item to go to that asset's page where you can click the download button.

https://themeforest.net/

I made it a habit to download all the free assets each month so I can have them in my digital library in case I should ever have the need for one of them.

Looks like they also have several freebies on this page as well in addition to the monthly ones:

https://elements.envato.com/free-files

Feel free to comment below if you find anything particularly useful or if you want to share what you created with any of the free assets.

Top Replies

• This is awesome Richie - thank you so much for sharing. Copyright free assets that are free are getting harder and harder to find these days. 

I am guessing you have to sign in to see the free 'download' option for the free assets? I am not logged in and just see the option to "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now".

Downloading them regularly to create a library of assets is a great idea. Thanks for sharing again!

• Yes, you do need a free account and need to be signed in to download the freebies. I've also noticed a little weirdness on the last day of the month where sometimes the freebies are no longer available right before the new month's freebies are posted, so that might also be an issue if you don't see the download button after you sign in since today is the last day of the May freebies.

• Looks like they also have several freebies on this page as well in addition to the monthly ones:

https://elements.envato.com/free-files

•  

All of the samples I looked at have a watermark: "envato".  How I'm I supposed to snag open-license assets, while circumventing their data collection and marketing emails? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sticking with Pixabay.  They do less to protect their assets. lol

Seriously, though... envato has some good stuff.  But, I really have grown accustomed to my "work flow".

I'll post an example, soon.  Unless I procrastinate.  Which I will. :-)

• For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever gotten a marketing email from them. I don't think I've ever gotten any emails from them for that matter. Maybe I opted out at some point?

•  

Yeah.  I don't like taking that chance.  I sign up for things that I use all the time—like Lenovo's communities.

But, I'm not a graphics designer.

I'm a software developer.  A few times a year, however, I want to "spruce up" an asset I already have.  Finding something to layer-effect on my asset—and doing it myself—is easier than any back-and-forth with real graphics designers.  And cheaper.

What I throw together turns out quite will.  In fact, I get told all the time, "Wow.  You've got a really nice asset.  What's your secret?"

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas—Respectable citizenThievery?  I don't know... does it still count when you steal the free samples? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If so, then I robbed Costco at lunch time, yesterday.  No one around me seemed concerned.  In fact, many followed in my footsteps.

I graduated from petty larceny to inciting looting.  Why argue?  I'm a criminal. :-)

• Great! I haven't heard of some of these.