Free or low cost marketing & creative resources

Creative, marketing or general small-business related, have you found any (free?) sites, tools or resources that have helped you?

Whether you are looking to start a business, have just launched, are keeping an eye on your bottom line or are growing your business, what have you found?

Please share below! 

Parents
  • In addition to the Canva, Mailchimp and website blog ideas (which I think are all good!), here's what I have to add:

Any good marketing begins with your website, and Wordpress is a great free way to get one on the table! There's a bit of a learning curve, but there are thousands of plugins which can help manage your design/content as well as give you free marketing tools to integrate.

In the vein of a good website comes good ways to design it. While something like Wordpress gives you a lot of access through things like plugins, occasionally you need to get under the hood to do some creative stuff on a website and the tutorials on W3schools are free and have helped me a lot.

Again, a bit Wordpress-specific, but this is an amazing tool to quickly create good-looking websites with little coding knowledge. The free version has most of what you could ask for.

I haven't used this one extensively, but it can at least allow you to get your name out if your target client-base is local.

I haven't used this tool at all, but could be a good way for some to get a leg up in creating a website as it provides all the basic tools in one place and a few templates as well. You need to sign-in to get access.

Claim your business! Or so Google says, and it's honestly an easy way to get your name and basic details out there as free advertising. Very easy to maintain, too.

• In addition to the Canva, Mailchimp and website blog ideas (which I think are all good!), here's what I have to add:

Any good marketing begins with your website, and Wordpress is a great free way to get one on the table! There's a bit of a learning curve, but there are thousands of plugins which can help manage your design/content as well as give you free marketing tools to integrate.

In the vein of a good website comes good ways to design it. While something like Wordpress gives you a lot of access through things like plugins, occasionally you need to get under the hood to do some creative stuff on a website and the tutorials on W3schools are free and have helped me a lot.

Again, a bit Wordpress-specific, but this is an amazing tool to quickly create good-looking websites with little coding knowledge. The free version has most of what you could ask for.

I haven't used this one extensively, but it can at least allow you to get your name out if your target client-base is local.

I haven't used this tool at all, but could be a good way for some to get a leg up in creating a website as it provides all the basic tools in one place and a few templates as well. You need to sign-in to get access.

Claim your business! Or so Google says, and it's honestly an easy way to get your name and basic details out there as free advertising. Very easy to maintain, too.

Children
No Data