Who is here?

Hi all,

I am curious to know who is in this group.

Please share this:

1) Where are you local?

2) What are you doing?

3) What is currently exciting happening in your life?

I can start first:

1)Berlin

2) Producer, Author, Speaker

3) having time to start learning new skills live and online

Parents
  • 1) Just down the road a spell from Morrisville ;)

2) Hired geek by day....and recently became a Part 107 Certified Drone Pilot.

3) Trying to get a new drone video and photography biz off the ground!

• Congratulations on your certification! 

I'm Kelly over at Vort Media in Reynoldsville, PA where we just added a drone department not long ago.

It definitely sets us apart when applying for contracts that include tourism, wedding venues, inspections, and many other environments.

Our first drone, a DJI Air 2s has done wonders for us. What do you fly with?

•  Also, what kind of controller are you flying with? For my Mavic Mini, i just use the basic controller, but at the first of this year moved from an old iPhone as the screen to a Lenevo Tab M8 FHD as the display. WAY cheaper than an iPad, and works really great! Loving the FHD screen size and resolution.

•  I'm going to have to check out the Lenovo Tab M8. I currently use an iPad Pro or iPhone. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro (1 gen) and my wife has the Mavic Mini. Congrats on getting your Part 107. I've been flying for fun since the Phantom 2. I need to set some time aside and study for the Part 107.

•  I'm going to have to check out the Lenovo Tab M8. I currently use an iPad Pro or iPhone. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro (1 gen) and my wife has the Mavic Mini. Congrats on getting your Part 107. I've been flying for fun since the Phantom 2. I need to set some time aside and study for the Part 107.

Children
  •  I used an online course that was worth every single penny! The instructor was top notch that really preps you for the exam. I tried for a couple years to study on my own and never gave it the dedicated time it needed and didn't do well on the practice exams. Once I took the course from Pilot Institute, passed the exam with a 92! I think the fact that the course is structured into modules allowed me to stay on track and do the modules on my time. Dedicated a couple hours a day to the modules and knocked them all out in about 2 weeks. I HIGHLY recommend them! They also have a great Facebook group where folks studying can ask questions and get clarification on anything you might not fully understand. Great community! 

•  Here's a link I used when assessing a tablet choice for my DJI Mini. Full disclosure, apparently the M8 does not have a built in compass, but honestly I've not found that to be an issue at all for me. Really happy with and enjoying the M8 for this purpose.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/lenovo-m8-fhd-a-tablet-that-works-with-the-fly-app.94766/