Lenovo and Microsoft Return Christmas Mix Up

Hi Everyone,

Good to be back again on the Lenovo Pro Community, long year with surgeries.  Boy, it has been a long year!

When this was a partial mix up on my part.  I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3i (Windows 11 version) from Microsoft during a pre Christmas sale.  Plus, bought a Lenovo Tab 11 from Lenovo Pro on their pre Christmas sale.  Well, I decided that the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3i was not powerful enough and the Lenovo Tab 11 only had 1 or 2 Android updates, so I decided to return the items back to Microsoft and Lenovo.  They came the same day to my house and I had my return labels ready.  It was a busy day and I put the labels on the boxes and sent them on to  UPS to return the items.  I did not realize that I put the wrong labels on the wrong boxes until Microsoft informed me through email that they received the wrong item.  I could not believe it.  They were very gracious and mailed back the Lenovo Tab 11 tablet back to me without charging me for return shipping.  I notified Lenovo of the the mistake and that they received the wrong item from me.  They were understanding and I had a few customer service representative try to resolve the problem but Lenovo still has my Lenovo IdeaPad 3i with Windows 11.  Their return center never caught that I sent in the wrong item.  Lenovo did send me another label to return the Lenovo Tab 11 Tablet and I did get my money back for this item, but the Lenovo IdeaPad 3i is lost.  They never found it even though I have UPS Tracking information that I did sign for the item at the Lenovo Return Center.  I have all the documentation of went wrong but it has been 3 months and I have to figure that I lost my Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3i windows 11 forever.  So, I am out $149.99 dollars and I still have my return label from Microsoft to return this item.  Lenovo never caught the problem (sent in the wrong item) and I guess I am just out.  I made multiple attempts to continue the conversation about the mix up, but just keep hitting closed doors.  It is amazing that the return center at Microsoft caught the problem right away and Lenovo's Return Center did not.  Lenovo do not even offer the Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3i windows 11 anymore on their website at the time I bought if from Microsoft.  You would think they would have.  I guess this is stranger than fiction tale.  I just wanted to get a number for the Lenovo Return Center to talk to them directly but could never get connected.  I am hoping maybe it can be resolve within the Community and it Monitors.  One can only hope!  Hope and Pray that everyone is doing well, healthy and safe!

Anyway, It is great to be back again!

Diana Haker, owner of  Haker Art Studios

Top Replies

• Hey  

Great to hear you are recovering from surgeries and hope you are continuing to do well! 

Well, this does indeed sound like a Christmas mix-up! Haha, that sounds like a Hallmark movie title…

• Hey  

Great to hear you are recovering from surgeries and hope you are continuing to do well! 

Well, this does indeed sound like a Christmas mix-up! Haha, that sounds like a Hallmark movie title. 

Let's see what we can do to get this resolved for you. I will start the conversation internally with my team! 

Thank you and great to see you around! :)

Beth