Disappointed in support.

I just got off the phone with Lenovo support, and it was a very disappointing call.  I just tried running Vantage to update all of the drivers and bios on one of our Thinkpads, I was getting a disk space error in Vantage despite having over 100GB free.  I called support and the person told me to just uninstall it and go the Lenovo site to download each of the updates manually. No troubleshooting, didn't even get my info to document the call.  He basically told me the software is trash to just not use it.  Support has been so disappointing over the past few years (even pre covid) that I would switch brands if anyone else made a laptop that fits our needs.  

Parents
  • Hey  I am so sorry to hear that Frowning2  I'm sorry we weren't able to take more time and care in helping clarify and overcome the disk space error in Vantage that you were receiving. 

I'm really glad you mentioned something here in the community so I can do my best to try and help! I've alerted my team to ask for some assistance for you. We definitely want to help identify and resolve this, especially since it sounds like you have plenty of free space and shouldn't be seeing this error at all... 

Please stay tuned while I try and do what I can to get this addressed and solved for you. I am so sorry this was your experience and I am gonna do what I can to help. Heart

• Hey  I am so sorry to hear that Frowning2  I'm sorry we weren't able to take more time and care in helping clarify and overcome the disk space error in Vantage that you were receiving. 

I'm really glad you mentioned something here in the community so I can do my best to try and help! I've alerted my team to ask for some assistance for you. We definitely want to help identify and resolve this, especially since it sounds like you have plenty of free space and shouldn't be seeing this error at all... 

Please stay tuned while I try and do what I can to get this addressed and solved for you. I am so sorry this was your experience and I am gonna do what I can to help. Heart

Children
  • Hey  Just an update - I am in touch with my team and hoping to get someone who can help us as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the delay.