Setting up an account with Lenovo

We are looking at vendors for all of our Technology needs. I have reached out to several vendors and Lenovo contacted us, we reached back out and then never heard back from them. We have called and emailed a couple times and no one responses. Not a good way to start a relationship. I'm curious, has anyone else ran into this. We are now hesitant to purchase Lenovo products.

Parents
  • I had a similar problem trying to set up a tax exemption for an NPO's account I was working for a little over a year ago. I gave all the documentation to the representative who I was communicating with, but I basically had to hound him in order to find out what the status of things were. Because our DBA name was different than our legal name (which was half a mile long), he somehow couldn't figure out how to set up the account. I gave up hounding him eventually and went to a competitor of Lenovo's, who got us set up in no time and was super responsive in helping us along our ordering process.

So, yes, I've been there. And while I am still always eager to recommend Lenovo to friends, family, clients... you name it!... I will probably hold back on suggesting them to NPOs I work with because of that experience.

• For Non-Profits, I go through TechSoup.org to get registered as an NPO with Lenovo. TechSoup offers tons of discounts for non-profits. The non-profit I work for has over 180 Lenovo ThinkPad(laptops), ThinkCentre(desktops), and ThinkSsystem(servers).

Their depot repair service is excellent. Although they are running slower in turnaround time. Not sure if it's staffing or availability of parts due to COVID. One of my guys just got a repair back from them about 2 weeks ago, the time it took was 1 week. The last time I sent one off was 3 years ago and they got it repaired and back to us in 3 days.

• , funny, I was actually working through TechSoup myself to try and get that done. However, in order to get the tax exemption, I needed to contact a sales rep directly to complete my order, and that's when things went downhill. I had everything picked out and was ready to go, but for some reason the person I worked with was unresponsive and couldn't figure out how to get our tax exemption paperwork filed properly on Lenovo's end. If not for that experience, I would totally push Lenovo products to NPO clients too.

• , funny, I was actually working through TechSoup myself to try and get that done. However, in order to get the tax exemption, I needed to contact a sales rep directly to complete my order, and that's when things went downhill. I had everything picked out and was ready to go, but for some reason the person I worked with was unresponsive and couldn't figure out how to get our tax exemption paperwork filed properly on Lenovo's end. If not for that experience, I would totally push Lenovo products to NPO clients too.

Children
No Data