How has Lenovo helped you maximize your investments?

The November Contest has closed.

The November LenovoPRO Community Contest is underway! Submit your 200-500 word written response HERE to the question below to enter the contest.

How has Lenovo helped you maximize your investments? 

Whether it be tech, time, effort, or finances, we want to hear how Lenovo has helped you!

Remember, submissions will be judged using a rubric detailing the following:

• Ability to verbalize the degree of which Lenovo has truly helped the participant/business/organization maximize their investments
  • Authenticity of submission
  • Originality of submission
  • Level of effort made in crafting the submission

The deadline for submissions is November 30th, 2021.

Winning prize is a ThinkPad T14s, AMD, 14"

See contest post to reference more info.

Pro Tip: Make sure you join this group, "Community Central" to post, or else you won't be able to post in this thread Innocent

Parents
  • As a person with vision disability and the owner of a small business, it is difficult finding a device that allows me to hear what is on my screen. Finding the right screen reading software that can integrate with other installed software is not only very expensive, it is also very cumbersome. These software packages require hugh amounts of storage space, they demand premium processing resources on any computer type and they cause the system to drag when trying to load other software such as inventory management or POS packages.

While dealing with the struggles of customers having to wait for my reader to catch up, I am left with watching customers walk out the door without making a purchase.

About two weeks ago a friend of my gave me a Lenovo Chromebook. It is a small laptop but it has a very big sound. For me that is great because audio if my primary medium. What impressed me was the features included the ability to have EVERYTHING on the screen read out loud. More than that, I can customize how text is read such as speed, direction and tempo. I can set it up so that it will only read text contained in a dedicated area of my choice. 

One of the other features that is helpful is the ability to setup a magnifying area of the screen. This will make everything in that window or the entire screen incrementally larger so I can see it. However, on this small laptop the size of the screen does little to make that feature beneficial for me. When possible I will invest in a laptop with a 15 inch or larger screen. Some have asked "Why don't you get an external monitor?" The short answer is I prefer working with the ability to have portability just like people with better eye sight. There are times when I have to travel with my laptop to do work and having an external monitor is not an option. 

The lenovo my friend gave me has the speed needed to run all of my software packages without the bottleneck processing and storage problems. It has a few usb ports for added devices which is good and an earphone/mic jack for listening without disturbing others or to do dictations.

With a new system I will have the ability to work at better speeds, see more of my screen data and be able to take advantage of the built in accessible technology that I need. The really big advantage the new system will bring will be the ability to work through my disability with transparency. You see, for those of you who aren't visually impaired it may be difficult for you to understand our challenges. Along with not seeing the world as you do, we also have to contend with people commenting on how close we have to hold thing to our face to read or see it. We are constantly answering question about "how bad is your eyesight or hearing whispers like "Dang, if he gets any closer to that monitor he's gonna go through it!"

Having a larger system means I can eliminate some of that. I can increase the text or image on the screen and the customer never has to know about it. Now please don't misunderstand me. I'm not ashamed about my low vision at all. I would just like to be able to focus on business while I'm at work and not in things that serve more as a distraction. I'm just like any other business person trying to make a living for my family and be just as productive as anyone without a disability or who needs certain accommodations.

Thanks for the opportunity to share and represent others with visual impairments.

• Hi Eric,

You are correct with your comments.  I am a registered nurse, who has worked in rehab in the past.  Some people just do

not get it at times and can be very insensitive.  I say it is their problem and I do not take ownership of it.  It is a sign of a

small mind. I always think well all of us are born with some type of disability that we have to work around with.  Some are

more noticeable than others and actually helps enhance creative ways to solve these problems.  For me, I am a double

dominate dyslexic and yes it was a hard work  to work around it and there are things I do not do very well like play the piano

or throw a pot on a wheel but it did not stop me from being a professional artist and I learned to think "outside the box". In

many ways, it can be a blessing.  It is wonderful that you discovered a Lenovo system that works well for you and provides

the necessary tools for you to be able to run your business.  

• Hi Eric,

You are correct with your comments.  I am a registered nurse, who has worked in rehab in the past.  Some people just do

not get it at times and can be very insensitive.  I say it is their problem and I do not take ownership of it.  It is a sign of a

small mind. I always think well all of us are born with some type of disability that we have to work around with.  Some are

more noticeable than others and actually helps enhance creative ways to solve these problems.  For me, I am a double

dominate dyslexic and yes it was a hard work  to work around it and there are things I do not do very well like play the piano

or throw a pot on a wheel but it did not stop me from being a professional artist and I learned to think "outside the box". In

many ways, it can be a blessing.  It is wonderful that you discovered a Lenovo system that works well for you and provides

the necessary tools for you to be able to run your business.  

Children
No Data