Jungle movie poll - what's your pick?

A quest in the jungle, forging towards an unlikely or difficult goal has attracted millions of views to some of the biggest box-office hit jungle movies of all time. 

So, what's your favorite flavor? Which jungle movie takes the cake and rising to the top of your picks list?

• I was actually surprised how good Jungle Cruise ended up being. It was a fun ride. But funny enough, my two favorite Indiana Jones movies--Last Crusade and Raiders--were more desert movies than jungle movies. 

• The Jurassic Park movies are the only ones I have seen of any of those movies. I have never watched Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings, or any of the comic book movies either. I am way out of the pop culture loop!!!!

• Rambo movies, Predator movies, and the Planet of the Apes movies are also all great jungle movies as well.

•   

I don't think Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) counts as a "jungle movie".  Only the opening scene is set in a jungle (the Amazon).  The rest of the movie is set in civilization (USA, Nepal, and Egypt)—or ancient Egyptian ruins—or a deserted island serving as a U-Boat pen, in the Mediterranean.

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (1989) has no scenes set in a jungle.  Although Venice, Italy is kinda "swampy"—I've never heard it described as "jungle". :-)

I think you've omitted a whole other genre of "real" jungle movies:

I'd love to include The Ghost and the Darkness (1996).  Unfortunately... that movie is set in the grasslands of Africa (Tsavo).  Not in the jungle.

I've actually seen the Tsavo man-eaters in Chicago.  Not quite the one's depicted in the movie (see image from Field Museum's website).

"Based on a true story" sometimes means "there once was a pair of dangerous lions".  And that's where the "true" story ends.  They've gotta sell tickets, don't they? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

•   

Last Crusade and Raiders--were more desert movies than jungle movies. 

Exactly!

In Raiders... they spent as much time in Nepal—in the Himalayas—as they did in the Amazon.

And ...Last Crusade was set mostly in Venice, Italy and Germany.  According to one scene, Indiana may have a cameo in a Leni Riefenstahl film.  After all... he got an autograph from the star of that infamous propaganda film.  Were her cameras still rolling? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I've seen very few of these. I do like Robin Williams and enjoy his movies. 

• Thank you for the movie suggestions!

• I really like the classics! 

And overall jungle movie, it has to be Tarzan! 

I would add The Blue Lagoon to this list!

• The original 'Predator' movie was probably one of the best jungle themed movies in my opinion.