What was your first job like?

What was your first job like?

Parents
  • What an awesome question Assia! I have a similar categorization - my first jobs were babysitting and nannying, as well as helping my parents professionally clean their short-term rental vacation property with my siblings. But my first 'real' job was as a hostess, busier and to-go server at a small local cafe serving breakfast and lunch. It was a fun job - we all wore purple shirts and always smelled like cooking breakfast mixed with smells from an oil fryer. I loved the energy, the hustle and bustle and the beauty of a team working together towards a common goal.

One of my favorite things about that first 'real' gig was the access to food and leftovers! There was a house-made, sweet potato glazed donut hole special that we were known for - "Glazed & Confused." The kitchen was always making extra since they were in such high-demand. At the end of the day, we might have a few baskets leftover so the fellas in the back would often leave them for us to grab and enjoy. Lots of fun and food! 

• What an awesome question Assia! I have a similar categorization - my first jobs were babysitting and nannying, as well as helping my parents professionally clean their short-term rental vacation property with my siblings. But my first 'real' job was as a hostess, busier and to-go server at a small local cafe serving breakfast and lunch. It was a fun job - we all wore purple shirts and always smelled like cooking breakfast mixed with smells from an oil fryer. I loved the energy, the hustle and bustle and the beauty of a team working together towards a common goal.

One of my favorite things about that first 'real' gig was the access to food and leftovers! There was a house-made, sweet potato glazed donut hole special that we were known for - "Glazed & Confused." The kitchen was always making extra since they were in such high-demand. At the end of the day, we might have a few baskets leftover so the fellas in the back would often leave them for us to grab and enjoy. Lots of fun and food! 

Children
No Data