Paper, digital or both? What's your preference?

What is your primary medium for staying organized at work, in your business or personal life?

• Are you a hard-core paper user? Or a digital-only person? Or mixed? Why?
  • If you are predominantly a paper-user and want to convert to digital, why is that?
  • Digital users - can you share tips and suggestions for those looking to convert?
  • Digitization - how do you feel about this topic?
  • Are you primarily a digital-first organizer who wants to convert to paper? Why or why not?

Please share these and all your thoughts with the community below!

Parents
  • I use a variety of medium to communicate. I have a notepad in every room of the house along with various pens. I then work out an idea on paper and then shirt to a digital draft product to make sure it renders coreectly on a PC, tablet or a phone. I use Adobe and Microsoft Copilot as well as Meta products to assist with my day to day work flow. Converting to Digitization is difficult for most of my clients because many of them do not know how to convert filesor some do not have the internet. I help them along and some I still send work through the post office.

• I use a variety of medium to communicate. I have a notepad in every room of the house along with various pens. I then work out an idea on paper and then shirt to a digital draft product to make sure it renders coreectly on a PC, tablet or a phone. I use Adobe and Microsoft Copilot as well as Meta products to assist with my day to day work flow. Converting to Digitization is difficult for most of my clients because many of them do not know how to convert filesor some do not have the internet. I help them along and some I still send work through the post office.

Children
  • Although I'm moving to all digital, I love making prints of photographs and other impactful media.

• I am also moving more and more to digital. Latest is putting my To-Do list on my iPhone and using Notes app there more and more. I am also moving more to Cloud rather than laptop hard drive for work-related files.

But one thing I will never lose is my paper-based "scribbly notes" spiral notebook on my desk every day. I just keep it there for all the things I have to jot down quickly in the course of my day -- a phone number, a quick calculation, a name or notes of a phone call. I put a date on it every day or two. Amazing how often it has saved me by going back to an old date and either reminding me of what I was doing that day or providing a name or phone number that I thought was lost forever. I tried using one of those white-board storage cases that fits between your keyboard and monitor/laptop stand but not as easy to quickly pick up a dry-erase pen and jot something down, also you erase it every day.